The University of Mobile Financial Aid Office of Veteran's Affairs:
- Processes veteran education benefit applications, changes, and terminations.
- Verifies course enrollment.
- Maintains student records.
Federal Department of Veteran's Affairs
The Federal Department of Veteran's Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records in electronic format.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site: http://www.va.gov/
Montgomery Regional Office: 1.800.827.1000
Atlanta Regional Office: 1.888.442.4551 - VA National Phone Center
VA's GI Bill Web Site: www.gibill.va.gov/
For any questions on eligibility, remaining entitlement, non-receipt of checks, overpayment, paybacks, or other VA programs or problems should be directed to the Atlanta Regional Office. Call early in the morning, VARO Atlanta is on Eastern Time. Voice: 1.888.442.4551. Website: www.gibill.va.gov/
Responsibilities of the Student Veteran
All students using their VA Educational Benefits MUST be registered and submit their request each semester through myUM https://umportal.umobile.edu/ICS/Admissions/Military/ Changing majors, adding course work or dropping course work MUST also be submitted through myUM https://umportal.umobile.edu/ICS/Admissions/Military/.
*All VA applications and program change forms are located at:
www.va.gov/vaforms/ and/or www.gibill.va.gov/.
The following document are required to apply for benefits:
- University of Mobile’s Veteran’s Eligibility Form
- University of Mobile’s Statement of Understanding
- Copy of DD214 (Veterans only)
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- (Vocational Rehab) Must Contact the Montgomery Regional Office, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment for VA form 28-1905 Authorization and Certification Form
Monthly Enrollment Certification is Not Automatic
All Chapter 30 and 1606 recipients MUST SUBMIT MONTHLY verification of enrollment. Call on or after the last day of the month 1-877-823-2378. Use the web to register, Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) go to www.gibill.va.gov and click on WAVE.
An additional scholarship opportunity can be found at veteransunited.com/about/scholarships.
Learn more about resources available to veterans pursuing post-secondary education at https://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/resources/veteran-continuing-ed/